Select Page

Briones Abad

Deep love for his land

Respect & passion for vineyards

The people, the spirit

In 2010, Luis Ángel Briones, a “patient” vine grower with a deep love for his land launched a new, modern project aimed at developing the complexity of that queen of Ribera del Duero varieties; the Tempranillo grape (also known as Tinta del Pais).

His wines have excited and acclaim has been loud and prolonged.

He fervently hopes that the respect and passion that he feels for his vines will be transmitted to the wines and appreciated by all who enjoy them.

His more recently produced wines have excited the interest of Spain’s foremost critics and early acclaim has been loud and prolonged.

Our wine


Cantamuda - Roble

“A surprising and many-faceted Ribera del Duero”

Red wine, aged 6 months in barrel – 50% in French oak and 50% American oak

100% Tinta Fina (Tempranillo)

Cantamuda - Parcela 64

“A modern Ribera del Duero, full of complexity”

Red wine, aged 14 months in barrel, 75% French oak and 25% American oak.

100% Tinta Fina (Tempranillo)

Cantamuda - Finca La Cebolla

“Ideal, if you want to enjoy a superb “signature wine”, that takes you the “wine essence”

Red wine, aged 20 months in barrel, 100% French oak.

Signature Wine

100% Tinta Fina (Tempranillo)

The vineyards, the land

The Briones Abad family owns 14 hectares of vineyards trained in goblet and espalier mode. These are spread over various plantations located between Gumiel del Mercado and the district of La Horra in Ribera del Duero.

The vines are cultivated with tenderness and dedication and with great respect for the local environment and wildlife. Intensive work goes into maintaining the terruño and much care is taken with the vines, from planting right through to harvest, which is carried out manually using 15 kg crates.

Double-selection of grapes, first in the vineyard and later at the bodega. Work is carried out following biodynamic and ecologically responsible principles. This yields small clusters of small-sized grapes with a high fruit intensity..

The soil is loose, low-fertility, and quite chalky. The vineyards are between 14 and 20 years old, lie at altitudes between 800 and 900 meters and give a maximum yield of 4,000 – 4,500 kg per hectare.

The climate is mainly continental with occasional Atlantic influences. Cold winters and warm summers, with an important difference between day and nighttime temperatures. This helps the grapes to mature more slowly and leads to excellent acidity levels.

Grapes of exceptionally good quality are produced, in small clusters bearing small individual fruits with high fractal intensity.

A surprising and many faceted

Ribera del Duero

Wikemaking and ageing, art and science

The processing takes place in the family bodega.

The winemaking is carried out in stainless steel containers which hold between 5000 and 14000 liters.

The Maceration period is between 14 and 20 days depending on the type of wine required. Fermentation is at controlled temperatures between 25 and 28⁰C.

Intervals for racking are determined by lunar cycles.

Malolactic fermentation takes place in barrel. The wine is aged in new barrels of the highest quality and various degrees of toasting. 70% of these are French oak barrels and the remaining 30% American oak. Barrel aging lasts from 6 to 20 months depending on the kind of wine and how it develops in the cask.

Afterwards, aging continues in the bottle until the wine has reached the ideal level of roundness and elegance and is ready for the appreciative consumer.

Contact Us

Questions, inquiries, or concerns?

Hola Wines S.L.


+34 976 213 308
+34 648 046 420

Este sitio web utiliza cookies para que usted tenga la mejor experiencia de usuario. Si continúa navegando está dando su consentimiento para la aceptación de las mencionadas cookies y la aceptación de nuestra política de cookies, pinche el enlace para mayor información.plugin cookies

Aviso de cookies